- Poppers contain nitrites (alkyl esters of nitrous acid). Depending on where you buy poppers, you have a completely different nitrite in hand and with it very different health risks.
We regularly deal with the ingredients of poppers. On our website www.lederreiniger-online.de there are only poppers with the following Ingredient available as these nitrite is classified by us as less harmful to health:
- Pentyl nitrite (CAS 463-04-7): Most of our products contain this nitrite, as Pentyl nitrite is classified as less harmful to health.
Poppers with the following ingredients are NOT available from us as we classify ingredients as carcinogenic, mutagenic or very toxic when inhaled. We clearly distance ourselves from these nitrites and our recommendation to you: Hands off products with these nitrites:
- Isopropyl nitrite (CAS 541-42-4): we do not sell these products because inhalation can be fatal.
- Isobutyl nitrite (CAS 542-56-3): to be found e.g. in Quicksilver, RAM and Rave. We do not sell
these products as they are potentially carcinogenic.
There are other terms for ingredients that are used:
- Amyl nitrite: This is a collective term.
- Alkyl nitrite: This is a collective term for isobutyl nitrite, pentyl nitrite, isopropyl nitrite, etc.
- We do not recommend poppers with these contents because it is not clear which nitrite is actually contained.
Leather Cleaners are containing the following Nitrites:
- Hexyl nitrite (UFI V300-A06S-K00V-G02P): New nitrite from the manufacturer Lockerroom in Canada.
This nitrite is used for some of the 30ml bottles produced by the manufacturer Lockerroom. Same
or less harmful to health like pentyl nitrite. That is why we offer products with Hexyl nitrite as well.
- Canadian Pentyl Formula (EC number 951-169-0, RM): New substance from the manufacturer
Lockerroom in Canada, based on pentyl nitrite. This nitrite is also less harmful and is very similar to pentyl nitrite.